We had this all over Spain when we visited recently. At one dinner, the hosts showed us how it was prepared. Very simple, and absolutely delicious!
Prep time: 1 minute
Cooking time: N/A
- Sliced crusty firm bread (rustic sourdough is ideal)
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1/2 Tomato, cut on the “equator”
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Course ground salt
- Optionally toast a slice of bread (can use untoasted as well)
- Peal garlic clove
- Slice tomato
- Rub garlic clove onto bread
- Rub tomato onto bread
- Drizzle olive oil on bread
- Grind (or sprinkle) salt on bread
- You can add fish (like anchovies), cheese, or other bread topping ingredients, or just eat it as is!