Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1/2 lb 1"-2" long pasta (penne, noodle, pick your favorite)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- (optional) 2 Jalapeno or Serrano peppers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream (reduced fat works fine)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp marjoram or 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried dill (or 2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill)
Boil water, and start cooking pasta.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add pasta
- While pasta cooks, add olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter and ground turkey, brown as you break up the turkey, 2 minutes or so.
- Add garlic, onion, peppers and spices to the ground turkey, stir well, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sour cream and chicken broth, just bring to a slight bubble
- Turn heat to low, add nearly cooked pasta and stir in
- Let pasta cook for another minute or two with turkey
2009-07-29 06:49:40 +0000 UTC