Three ingredients. Total prep time is opening the package/jar/can. Toss in a crock pot, deliciousness comes out the other side!
Prep time: 1 minute
Cooking time: 4-8 hours
- 1 pound deboned deskinned chicken thights or breasts
- 1 jar good quality chunky salsa (pick your heat level)
- 1 can black or pinto beans
- Put chicken in the bottom of the crock pot
- Empty the jar of salsa on top
- Cook for 4 hours on high, or 7-8 on low
- Shred the chicken (using two forks). It should just break apart at this point.
- 30 minutes before serving, add the can of beans (optional)
- That’s it! Serve with rice, or veggies, or just chow down on the chicken!