Miso dressing test notes. Combining ingredients from several found recipes, and adjusting them for my tastes and getting the texture I wanted. Tasting note, this ends up being a thick dressing, and enough for 4-6 individual salad servings. I also doubled the recipe to store in the fridge for a couple weeks, since we have a lot of salad.
Items in italics are still being refined. Last version used some sweetener, but I didn't like the result, so I've removed sweetener from the list. Working on the best quantity of Greek yogurt to use for both flavor and texture and thickness.
- 2 tablespoons white or yellow miso
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar, or 1 tablespoon rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive, peanut, or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove; grated, pressed,finely minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon honey/agave
- Combine the miso and rice wine vinegar small mason jar, shake until combined. Add the remaining ingredients and shake until combined. Can use a blender or food processor as well, but small mason jars are so good for mixing dressings. Taste and adjust.