Inspired by the Joe’s Special from all of the local Original Joe’s resturants, this is a simple combination of veggies and ground meat. The fixtures are onions, spinach, and meat, and then, mix up the rest to your own tastes!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 pounds ground meat (I used ground beef, but feel free to mix it up)
- 1 large bunch of spinach
- 2 red onions
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 serranos
- 1 habanero (optional)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp spicy paprika
- 1 tsp cayanne pepper or hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Parmasean
- Roughly chop onions and peppers and garlic
- Over medium-high heat, add Olive Oil to a large deep pan (a cast iron skillet is ideal) and brown the ground meat
- Reduce heat to medium, add all the spices, onions and peppers, mix and cook until onion becomes translucent
- Add and mix in spinach, cook until spinach reduces a bit
- Serve up, sprinkle on some parmasean if you like that sort of thing.
Goes well with rice (or cauliflower rice), and/or crusty bread and a cool green salad.