A refinement of my BBQ sauce experiments. You can make hotter by adding more Dave’s Insanity, if you dare!
The result is a rich tomato flavored sauce, slightly sweet and smokey with a little bite.
- 1 Cup Catsup (remember, no high fructose corn syrup allowed!)
- 1/2 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Cup Soy sauce
- 6 Oz India Pale Ale (or other beer of your choice, I recommend an ale)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp spicy paprika
- 2 tsp Dave’s Insanity (WARNING: Very Hot, don’t use unless you know what you’re doing!)
- 1 tsp salt
- Put all ingredients in a medium sauce pot.
- Warm over low heat. Don’t allow to boil, or the sauce will get bitter.
- Allow to warm for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. This is so all the solids dissolve into the sauce.
- If sauce is the consistency you want, use/bottle now, if you want it thicker, you can continue to warm it until it reduces more. To make it thinner, add more India Pale Ale.