- 1 Dozen eggs
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Habanero pepper, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dave’s Insanity hot sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp spicy paprika
- Hard boil eggs (boil for 10-12 minutes), and let cool
- Peel eggs, cut in half, set halves on plate, put yolks in a large bowl
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, chopped habanero, hot sauce, salt and pepper to yolks
- Using a fork, stir until smooth. If filling is dry, add a little more mayonnaise and mustard until you get the consistency you want. It should be thick enough to hold its shape, but moist
- Fill the egg half with the filling. Ideally, you’d use a pastry bag, but you can just use two spoons as well, it just won’t look as smooth
- Another method which works well, instead of a bowl, add all ingredients to a resealable plastic bag, press and shake the bag to mix all the ingredents well, then cut off one corner, and use like you would a pastry bag to fill the eggs.
- Lightly sprinkle a little spicy paprika on the finished eggs
- For a cute garnish, slice black olives in half long-ways, then slice into wedges. Use the wedges to make little “horns” for the eggs, and add capers for eyes. Or make the horns from jalapenos or habaneros.