Recipe by Ken Wallich
A first-time test, combining pizza with the flavor of chicken wings. Simple concept, replace pizza sauce with wing sauce, add chicken, and play with the other ingredients. This version includes celery and blu cheese, and since I used my face-burning wing sauce, I also drizzled some ranch dressing on the slices as they were cut to moderate the heat.
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Cayanne pepper
- Your favorite pizza dough
- 1/2 lb Boneless (and I prefer skinless) chicken. I mixed breasts and thighs, pick your favorite parts
- A couple stalks of celery
- 1/2 cup Your favorite wing sauce (I highly recommend trying mine)
- 1/4 cup Mozzerella cheese
- 1/4 cup Blu Cheese
- Optionally – ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425
- Drizzle EVOO on chicken, season with Cayanne, Salt and Pepper.
- Preheat BBQ grill to high, put chicken, season-side down on grill, brush other side with EVOO.
- Cook chicken for 5 minutes or more, depending on thickness. Flip, cook for 5 minutes more.
- Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Lay pizza dough out on a pizza pan (mine wasn’t handy, so I used a cookie sheet for this run).
- Put a thin layer of wing sauce on the pizza dough
- Add celery
- Add chicken
- Add cheese
- Put pizza in 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes
- Cut and serve, optionally, drizzle some ranch