Not so much a recipe, as a different way to assemble your burger, courtesy of an update Alton Brown made…
Alton shredded the cheese, and added paprika and garlic powder, and mixed. I found that you could also use thin slices, and just sprinkle the powders directly on the bun with a condiment on it, with good results.
- A burger patty, cooked however you want (I generally sous vide, then either grill or broil to brown)
- Shredded cheese, or two slices
- A good bun, potato holds up well to a burger
- Pickles, jalapenos, and other veggies you might want
- Powdered garlic
- Spread mayo on the bottom bun (Alton said this helps keep the juice from penetrating
- Spread mustard on the top bun
- Sprinkle paprika and garlic on the top bun
- Put pickles and/or jalapenos, any small veggies on top bun
- Put grated or sliced cheese on BOTH buns
- Put buns in toaster oven, toast until cheese melts
- Put cooked patty on bottom bun, top with tomatoes/lettuce/onions/bacon/fried egg/beets/whatever you want
- Add top bun to burger stack, and enjoy!